Not all shooters are alike, nor are they built the same. This is the thinking behind adjustable stocks, like the RAPS (Rapid Adjustment Precision Stock) from companies like FAB Defense. Building on the popularity of their RAPS stock, FAB Defense has added a carbine version, with the RAPS-C, collapsible stock.
The FAB Defense RAPS-C Stock
The RAPS-C is the answer to customer feedback, providing enhanced control for the precision minded shooter. Using the original RAPS as a base, the RAPS-C offers additional features to expand the functionality.
Constructed of an extremely durable polymer composite, the RAPS-C can withstand years of hard use in adverse conditions. With a length of 203 mm, the RAPS-C is 74 mm shorter than the original, allowing for full collapsibility. The retention bolt adjusts the RAPS-C for optimal fit on both MIL-Spec and Commercial-Spec carbine buffer tubes. Additionally, the stock is easily installed, without the need for a gunsmith.
Like the original RAPS, the RAPS-C features adjustable cheek rest and LOP (Length of Pull), via a single lever. The lever can be configured for both right- and left-hand shooters and is easy to operate with one hand.
Once engaged, the lever releases the spring loaded, adjustable butt-pad (with height adjustment) to the shooters preset length. Furthermore, the unique memory feature requires no need for further adjustment of the LOP once set. However, unlike the butt-pad, the cheek rest needs to be set each time.
On either side of the RAPS-C are two QD mount locations for multiple strap placement options. In addition, the bottom of the stock features a picatinny rail, concealed by a removable cover. The picatinny rail is designed for use with a monopod.
The FAB Defense RAPS-C stock is available now with an MSRP of $185.00. For more info, please visit FAB-Defense.com.
RAPS-C Stock Features
- Integrated Cheek Rest & adjustable Length Of Pull (LOP)
- Patent-pending 1 Latch system, locks both LOP and Cheek Rest height with one lever; can be configured for right or left-hand shooters
- LOP memory feature; set it once and the adjustable butt-pad will spring out to the same length every time
- LOP Adjustment Range extension: 32mm (1.26”)
- Integrated Cheek Rest, adjustment range; 42mm (1.65”)
- Concealed Picatinny rail at the bottom of the stock for use with a monopod
- Heavy-duty, rubber butt-pad with height adjustment
- The RAPS-C includes a retention bolt, for determining optimal fit on MIL-Spec or Commercial-Spec Carbine buffer tubes
- Easy installation, no gunsmith required
FAB Defense RAPS-C Stock Specifications:
Buffer Tube Size: Commercial or MIL-Spec
Weight: 584 g (20.5 ounces)
Width: 42 mm (1.65 inches)
Height: 152 mm
Length: 203 – 235 mm (8 – 9.25 inches)
LOP Adjust: Extension Range: 32mm (1.26 inches)
Cheek Adjust: Height Range: 42mm (1.65 inches)
Color: Black, OD Green, FDE